The BestLife Group is an innovative residential, commercial and multi-residential land developer and design-builder with projects throughout North-Central Ontario. We offer superior wages and remarkable employment perks. Join our growing team of energetic, hard working and talented people. *Opportunities available for re-location support and independent housing accommodations.
Job description: Carpenter Helper
- Cut, shape, smooth and fasten lumber and other construction materials according to measurements, manufacturers’ instructions and industry best practices.
- Build, form, pour, place and finish concrete footings, piers, ICF walls, hollowcore concrete sections.
- Build walls, roofs, frames, openings, stairs, decks, etc., using a combination of raw materials and pre-constructed / panellized products (SIPs).
- Construct timber structures, decorative trusses, accent brackets.
- Install windows & doors, strapping, siding, soffit, fascia, metal roofing, flashings, etc.
- Craft and assemble architectural trim work, panelling, cabinetry, shelving and other items.
- Occasional priming, painting, staining, temporary protections, etc.
- Build scaffolding and other temporary structures in a safe manner.
- Participate in general labour work when required, and actively contribute to site cleanliness and organization.
- Always regard Health & Safety as paramount. Actively participate in the maintenance of safe working environments, and always lead by example. H&S Training / Certification Program provided.
Carpenter Helper Requirements:
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools, including hammer, drills, power saws, pneumatic tools, laser levels, chainsaw, etc.
- Energetic, ambitious and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with clean record and good driving habits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$26.00 per hour
- Skilled Labour: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person