We are currently in search of a Software Developer to create and maintain custom in-house software. The successful candidate will help to develop critical products for our clients and understand IT operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
- Understand and validate the needs expressed by the team, in close collaboration with the Product Owner (PO) and/or users.
- Assist in designing, programming, configuring and integrating the solution in a “just enough—just in time” mentality:
ousing development best practices supported by the Centres of Excellence (CoE) and applying the proper design, breakdown and modelling patterns for processing, data and hosting infrastructure, etc.
oGuide the team’s technical choices based on the best practices and the corporate standards to which he/she will be called on to contribute
oshowing constant concern for guaranteeing the security and preserving the confidentiality of digital information
opreparing his/her development work for the execution of automated tests
operforming the required tests throughout the development process until production, avoiding service interruptions
omeasuring the qualities of the developed solution (performance, robustness, functional coverage of the tests, etc.)
oimplementing or using a continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Communicate and discuss technical choices with peers.
- Actively participate and initiate discussions between team members regarding design choices related to best practices and corporate standards
- Assist in code review of his/her peers.
- Provide technical support for the software solution once put into production (anomalies, maintenance, oversight, etc.)
- Actively contribute to make sure the documentation required for the sustainability of the designed elements exists, is valid and kept up to date. Support the team for the documentation strategy and promote best practices
- Take responsibility for complex tasks and set the standard in his/her area of technical expertise.
- Actively collaborate in all the team’s activities (ceremony planning, definition of done, etc.)
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant fields.
- +7 years of experience in Software development
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps principles and an ability to apply them in a teamwork context.
- Knowledge of cloud, container and virtualization technologies (e.g. Azure DevOps, Docker, …).
- Development languages, tools & technologies:
- ASP.NET & ASP.NET Core, C#, VB.NET, WCF, WPF
Azure cloud services & tools
MS-SQL, Azure SQL & Storage ( MongoDB – Nice to have)
o GIT & TFS
- Experience in object-oriented programming and SOLID principles.
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development (TDD).
Understanding of integration strategies using enterprise applications, data integration requirements, APIs and event-driven architectures.
Understanding of design, architecture and integration patterns [e.g. Pub/Sub, CQRS, Event Sourcing, etc.].
- Knowledge of Behaviour-driven Development (BDD) & Domain-driven Design (DDD) practices.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry (asset).
#li-hybrid #li-remote #li-onsite #LI-JR1