Who we are…
Villa Italia Retirement Residence is a not for profit project of The Sons of Italy (Hamilton) Charitable Corp. The Sons of Italy’s dream came true when Villa Italia was established in 2003 and residents starting eagerly moving in. With 123 suites built around a central courtyard it was easy to make Villa Italia their new home. From the striking 2 storey lobby, through the main dining room, to the patios and walkways of the courtyard; Villa Italia looks and feels like an elegant but comfortable home and is designed to meet the needs of seniors from our community.
What we offer…
· We are located in Hamilton’s West Mountain, close to amenities and public transit
· 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits
· Employer RRSP matching program
· Competitive compensation and vacation
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Wellness Coordinator to join our management team.
Responsibilities and Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
· Maintain resident confidentiality and support others with same
· Read daily progress notes and assure that all residents’ care files are monitored, reviewed and reflects their profile
· Recognizing resident’s needs as a whole (cognitive, physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs) and being able to assure quality and continuity of care on an individual basis.
· Order and monitor medications for all residents as required.
· General health assessment for quality and continuity of care
· In consultation with the DOC as required, identify and monitor on-going needs of residents’. Recommend appropriate level of care or services for all residents.
· Be able to recognize health change and assure provision for different level of care.
· In consultation with the DOC as required and obtain data pertaining to residents needs with the goal of developing an individualized care plan.
· In consultation with the DOC as required, obtain services/support from other health care professional or other resources in the community.
· In consultation with the DOC as required, plan, scheduled, lead and/or attend care conferences meeting with resident and family to discuss plan of action pertaining to the residents’ care
· Develops and maintains co-operative and effective relationships with other health professionals / service providers
· Responsible to ensure appropriate staff coverage, including PSW and Med-Tech replacement.
· In consultation with the Dietitian as required, monitor weight loss of residents to ensure that dietary supplements/changes are appropriate and assist with special diet restrictions.
· Provide emergency first aid to residents and team members when needed
· As delegated by the DOC may be responsible to oversee the nursing assignment or monitor/supervise the staff and unregulated health care provider
· Prepare bloodwork requisitions for weekly inhouse blood work clinic
· As delegated by the DOC, performing pre-admission assessment (initial assessment) in house or in the community
· Be on call for areas requiring nursing interventions and/or providing supervision of staff during vacation and absences of the DOC
· Executive Director may delegate DOC duties in their absence.
· Communication with the residents’ family and physician when there is a change of condition (positive and negative)
· Communicate any changes in a residents’ condition with PSW’s and others staff members as appropriate
· Contact the resident’s family member or power of attorney when the condition necessitates
Continuous Quality Improvement
· Maintain medical supplies for the residence and emergency first aid kits
· Assure that all residents’ care files are monitored, reviewed and reflects residents’ profile
· In consultation with the DOC as required, review doctors order, reports for medications and equipment changes etc.
· In consultation with the DOC as required, may schedule, lead, attend care conferences
· Attend nursing meetings and ensure a quality assurance process is maintained
· Conduct self-administered medication management observations
· Understand and maintain current with regulatory obligations for nursing practice as set by the College of Nurses
· Understand and maintain current with Retirement Home Regulatory Authority regulations and requirements.
Background and Experience:
· Maintains a current license with the Ontario College of Nurses
· RN/RPN licensed supervisory experiences considered an asset and/or experience in a retirement or long term care setting.
· Fluency in written and verbal English and Italian considered an asset
· Access to a reliable vehicle and suitable driving record considered an asset
· Demonstrated ability to assist residents, family members or others with concern and empathy, respecting confidentiality and privacy, and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner is required.
Terms and Conditions
· Successful Medical and Police Clearance required
· 6 month probation
· Reports directly to the CEO and DOC
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person