McKercher LLP, one of the largest law firms in Saskatchewan, is recruiting for an Associate Lawyer practicing in Corporate and Commercial Law in our Saskatoon office. This is an opportunity to join a team of nationally recognized lawyers and professional staff acting as a key advisor to private corporations, large institutions, public entities and crown corporations. We offer comprehensive services in all areas of corporate and commercial law and are looking to welcome an additional skilled professional solicitor to our team.
Successful candidates will demonstrate core values of integrity, excellence, respect, collaboration and dedication. We are looking for an individual who has several years of experience supporting clients through incorporation and reorganizations, partnerships, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, compliance issues, regulatory approvals, risk assessment, insurance claims, commercial, residential, industrial projects, construction contracts, dispute resolution, tender preparation and evaluation, contract negotiations, and financing structure and evaluations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in Corporate and Commercial Law
- Excellent research, analytical and drafting skills, and business judgement
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed professionalism, leadership, and teamwork competencies
- Strong relationship management, project management, and business development skills
- Active member in good standing with the Law Society of Saskatchewan
For more information about working at McKercher LLP - visit www.mckercher.ca/careers
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or otherwise authorized to work in Canada, please explain?
- Legal: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person