The IOOF has recently embarked on the largest capital project in the IOOF’s history, with the launch of a $1.2 million redevelopment campaign to expand the facility to a 226-bed long-term care home. This transformative revitalization will create 64 new long-term care beds and 66 upgraded beds, modern spaces, updated equipment, private rooms, and increased square footage.
As our facility embarks upon this exciting expansion, our team is growing too! We are hiring for Part Time Days, Evenings, and Night lines.
The RN is committed to creating a collaborative working environment by means of proven leadership, teamwork, innovation and best practices for nursing and Resident Care services. These responsibilities shall be carried out in accordance with The IOOF Seniors Homes Inc., mission, vision, values, policies and procedures, collective agreements and applicable legislation and regulations.
The RN will promote and support a high quality of care for the Residents while respecting their individual needs and preferences. As a valued member of the team, the RN will demonstrate a commitment to Resident and staff safety in accordance with policies and governing bodies.
The RN will also provide leadership in the development and achievement of individual home area goals and objectives as they relate to continuous quality improvement and risk management in the provision of direct care to Residents.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be deemed qualifying.
Preferred areas are considered an asset and will be deemed as more qualifying.
- BScN degree mandatory
- Current professional membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse is mandatory;
- Minimum of 3 years clinical, project leadership and/or management experience in a Long Term Care setting preferred;
- Post graduate studies in Geriatric and Nursing Administration an asset;
- Proficient working knowledge of computers including advanced skill in the use of Point Click Care (PCC), RAI-MDS and Point of Care (POC) preferred
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and related Ontario Regulations;
- Be familiar with Compliance and Enforcement under the LTCHA – the LTC Quality Inspection Program and the Inspection Protocols (IP’s) for Resident Care;
- Good understanding of Continuous Quality Management (CQI) principles and Risk Management strategies for Resident Care services;
- Full computer literacy including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, and computerized Resident charting;
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members, Management and other internal/external stakeholders;
- Ability to supervise, delegate, counsel and educate staff
- Ability to effectively manage conflict, prioritize and deal effectively with competing priorities
Hours of Work:
Days (06:00-14:00 hrs)
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards).
If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability, please let us know.
Member of the Ontario Nurses Association
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Clinical, Project Leadership and/or Management: 3 years (preferred)
- College of Nurses of Ontario Registration (required)
Work Location: In person