A member of the Condrain group of companies, Metrus Properties was founded in 1972 and since then has become an acknowledged leader in development and property management, with a portfolio of over 15 million square feet of industrial, retail and office. Today we plan, build, lease, and manage a broad spectrum of properties, providing a complete range of infrastructure and construction services. To learn more about Metrus Properties and how you will be challenged and inspired, please visit www.metrusproperties.com
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing statements and reports, and utilizing appropriate accounting principles.
- Prepare year-end working papers for external auditors;
- Address external auditor questions and provide supporting details;
- Record year-end audit entries, validate final trial balance and Financial Statements, and send financial statement to external Owners/Partners;
- Prepare Common Area Maintenance and Realty Tax schedules, estimates and year end reconciliations;
- Respond to tenant inquiries on common area operating expenditures;
- Review leases and be proficient in operating expense recovery provisions and definitions;
- Reconcile federal and provincial income tax accounts to interim statements and Notice of Assessments;
- Prepare stub period income calculations for external Owners/Partners;
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for lenders;
- Ensure and enforce compliance to all company, client and legislated Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties/projects as assigned from time to time
- Financial systems, processes and technology
- Organizational Awareness
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal appearance
- Customer service oriented
- Information management
- Organizing & planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Takes initiative
Education and Experience
- University degree
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CFA) an asset
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant federal, provincial and municipal reporting requirements
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications including Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Typical office hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Light to infrequently moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including office equipment and other office supplies and, frequently, sitting for prolonged periods of time while using the telephone and computer.
Great environment to work in. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits.
Apply Now: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you. While we ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities, please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Company is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Company is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.