Junior Litigation Lawyer (New Calls Welcome)
Location: Downtown Toronto (steps from Union Station)
Remote Option: Applicants from outside Toronto are welcome
E-LAW PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION is a rapidly growing Toronto criminal law firm. We are currently seeking to hire two junior criminal litigation lawyers.
These are ideal positions for candidates just beginning their careers who love litigation. After joining us, you will be quickly and extensively trained in our streamlined criminal defence litigation protocols, and post-training, will be in a position to begin conducting trials immediately under the mentorship of the Principal Lawyer.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health and dental benefits, vacation and vehicle allowance, paid CPD, LSO and LawPro fees, plus a remote work (work-from-home) option.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
· A strong interest in criminal litigation.
· Excellent analytical, oral and written communication and drafting skills
Responsibilities after training will include:
-Conducting trials and contested hearings and applications
-Carriage of files from inception and pre-litigation through to resolution, by trial or otherwise and deal with multiple already ongoing files
- Draft / Review documents, including correspondence, pleadings, briefs, and hearing documents.
- Conduct and review legal research
- Meet directly and remotely with clients and other lawyers
- Attend court in-person or remotely as required.
- Preparation of various legal documents relevant to litigation (Charter Applications, Evidence Applications).
· A strong interest criminal litigation
· L1 Licence in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
· Driver’s Licence and your own vehicle (Mileage Reimbursed)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,785-$59,965 per annum depending upon experience
· Dental Care
· Extended Health Care
· Life Insurance
· Vision Care
· Paid time off
· Vehicle Allowance
· Paid CPD, LSO and LawPro Fees
· Paid parking
· Remote work (work from home) option
· As required in order to maintain professional obligations to our clients.
All applicants must be members in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario.
Please include Resume and Cover Letter with your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,785.00-$59,965.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Please answer 'Yes' or 'No'. Do you understand that both a resume and cover letter are required to be considered for this position?
- (or are about to receive a) L1 Licence? (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON