Summary: facilitate the implementation/maintain of QA best practices within the organization to support the compliance with CFIA and FDA regulations and Preventive Control Plan in place; QA COORDINATOR will ensure procedures are followed, train warehouse employees for food safety and quality/ rotation FIFO/ Hygiene; support QA activities and personnel within the warehouse, accommodating requests for food safety and quality; communicate with suppliers to maintain supplier approval program; communicate with consumer for complaints.
- Ensure Preventive Control Plan is followed and maintained.
- Maintain and review quality documents for each supplier and/or each order;
- Inspect and verify imported and/or distributed goods (due diligence);
- Inspect returned/ damaged goods and approve returns;
- Conduct supplier verification: arrange laboratory sample and conduct sensory evaluation;
- Handle complaints and communicate with supplier and consumer/customer;
- Support and train warehouse employees for FIFO rotation and hygiene of the warehouse;
- Verify warehouse rotation and lot traceability;
- Provide information for artwork and review artwork/ review and approve artwork proofs from suppliers;
- Prepare finished product specifications;
- Support Sales Team for private label project;
- Supervise third party packing and/or production;
- Maintain record keeping of all quality related activities;.
- Conduct monthly Internal Audit for the BRC plant;
- Replace QA Technician for manufacturing division as a back-up;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Quality and/or QA Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, nutrition, or microbiology
- 1 year of quality assurance experience in food industry
- Excellent communication skills; English and French
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize tasks, and work in fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements within the food industry including GMP, HACCP, FDA FSMA and CFIA/Health Canada requirements;
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, carrying or lifting up to 20 lb in ambient and/or freezer warehouse.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Work Location: In person