With one truck, a strong work ethic and an ardent sense of team spirit, Mike and Antonio Giampaolo established Triple M Metal in 1975. Now, more than 40 years later, we have grown from modest beginnings to become one of North America’s largest, privately-held, fully integrated recyclers of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals.
Our growing enterprise operates over 31 facilities across North America, including Canada, the United States and Mexico, with additional interests in Europe. Our established and far-reaching geographic network means we are optimally positioned to maintain and service our current customer base, while making strides in new and emerging markets. From local or community-based peddlers to the largest international companies, we strive to build confidence and value by providing customized solutions that deliver on all metal recycling and process needs.
The Environment and Safety Coordinator assists and at times leads in the overall compliance to regulatory requirements in Canada for health, safety and environment for assigned TMM sites and processes. The position also assists the organization in its conformance to ISO standards in the areas of quality and environment. The position identifies improvements to the HSE management system to improve overall safety and environmental performance.
What do you bring to the table? How do your skills and Triple M’s needs match up to make the ultimate tag team?
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary + Annual Performance Bonus
- Paid Benefits - Health, Vision, Dental
- Life Insurance, LTD, AD&D
- Pension Plan Match
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and opportunities for growth and advancement!
Health & Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Analyze the work environment and develop programs designed to control, eliminate, and prevent occupational disease and/or injury and/or environmental harm caused by physical, chemical, biological agents or ergonomic factors. Must be able to align these with the organization’s requirements in order to maintain consistency.
- Advise on risk management strategies designed to mitigate HSE risks to acceptable levels.
- Develop and effectively deliver internal training programs.
- Develop and update policies and procedures as part of TMM’s IMS (Integrated Management System) for quality, environment and safety.
- Maintain associated records for QES/IMS-related activities.
- Provide support/counsel to client groups with regards to the implementation of policies and procedures and their roles and responsibilities related to occupational health and safety and environmental compliance.
- Develop action plans for communication, training, inspections and audits
- Manage and facilitate Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) requirements.
- Ensure that regular inspections of the work place are performed and that follow-up is complete for outstanding issues.
- Complete monthly analysis and reporting requirements, analyzing performance and trends, and meeting facilitation and minutes.
- Collect and interpret injury data to identify trends and/or causal factors, such as system failure, human error, incomplete or faulty decision-making, or a weakness in existing policies, practices and regulations and other reports for the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Develop and manage initiatives to promote a proactive health and safety culture, including processes designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition.
- Assist in WSIB Claims management activities:
- Claim submission and liaison with WSIB and injured worker
- Development of RTW programs
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with the provisions of the governing Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and its regulations, operating in a manner that will not create hazards, and contributes to promoting a safe workplace while respecting the environment
- Recommends improvements to processes and procedures
- Reports all accidents, incidents, and unsafe conditions to the immediate supervisor
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Quality policies, procedures, and objectives to produce quality work product that meets customer and/or company specifications
- Recommends improvements to processes and procedures and maintains a continuous improvement everyday mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or Occupational Health & Safety or Environment
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in similar a health and safety role
- Excellent knowledge of federal, provincial, and local HSE regulations.
- Must be proficient in serving as a change agent within the operating environment and working with the organization/management to improve HSE performance
- Ability to address and solve complex HSE issues from a universal perspective.
- Ability to perform physical inspections of all work areas.
- Ability to coach, teach and counsel and be comfortable speaking to groups.
- Working towards CRSP
Triple M Metal LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact us at 905-793-7083 to discuss your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.