MOSAIC operates on the traditional and unceded Coast Salish Territories, the ancestral lands of the sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), qiqéyt (Qayqayt), sc̓əwaθən məsteyəx (Tsawwassen), kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwitwetlam), q̓ic̓əy̓ (Katzie), qʼʷa:n̓ƛʼən̓ (Kwantlen), SEMYOME (Semiahmoo) and Matsqui nations where we are privileged to carry out our mission.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
MOSAIC is one of Canada’s largest settlement non-profit organizations. Our newcomer services change the lives of immigrants, refugees, and individuals from diverse backgrounds in Greater Vancouver and throughout BC. For the past 45 years, MOSAIC has worked to strengthen communities by advocating for positive changes and supporting newcomers in building their new lives in Canada. As an employer we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their skills and contributions are valued. We advocate for and promote equitable employment opportunities for women, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (2SLGBTQI+), and racialized individuals. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. Our employees benefit from many diverse perspectives, taking part in training opportunities for career growth.
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a motivated, collaborative, and data-driven individual, to join the Performance & Data Analysis Team in the role of Data and Reporting Analyst.
POSITION: Data and Reporting Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Performance & Data Analysis
The Data and Reporting Analyst provides integral analysis for MOSAIC’s strategic planning and performance monitoring systems. The position utilizes a combination of analytical, reporting, and data visualization tools to present data and analytic findings in a meaningful way to support the development and monitoring of program and organizational strategic goals. This position also maintains and improves the performance, integrity, and security of the organizational client database and provides support and training to database users.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Senior Managers and the Executive Leadership Team to define annual program and organizational key performance indicators
- Prepare reports for management, offering an in-depth trend analysis based on historical data, current performance, and external comparative data. Provide detailed analysis, insight, interpretation and recommendations
- Build relationships to establish cross functional alignment
- Work with program teams to ensure on-time and complete entry of reporting requirements to meet funder and organizational requirements
- Assess current systems and utilization; identify and recommend improvements such as customization, streamlining of processes, and other enhancements to maximize value and efficiency of the databases
- Support and train staff on the use of databases and system updates
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of security and privacy requirements and ensure data processing complies with contractual and legislative privacy requirements
- University/College degree or diploma in Statistics, Computer Science, or Business administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience using databases and analyzing and reporting on data
- Mastery in MS Excel; able to perform pivot tables, pivot charts and advanced functions in MS Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills, other languages an asset
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality; tactful, diplomatic, patient and flexible
- Experience working with immigrant populations and/or diverse cultural backgrounds an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit, community-based organization an asset
5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver
MOSAIC has instituted a hybrid working model, with at least 2 days per week in-office work, depending on position requirements.
Commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications.
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
DEADLINE: until filled
NOTES: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.