Competition #: 4N23-076
Wage: $23 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Safety Coordinator reports to the Safety Manager and is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the Safety Management System (SMS) for Air North, Yukon’s Airline. This is a dynamic position that will work closely with other departments to ensure the Company exceeds aviation industry safety standards. As the company’s resident expert on safety matters, you will interact with several teams and departments, supporting them in a variety of ways. Utmost attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality are paramount within the Safety Coordinator role.
Why work for us?
- Flight benefits for you and your family on Air North and over 75 international airlines!
- Vehicle and home heating discounts with our subsidiary company – Chieftain Energy
- Cargo shipping discounts
- Employer paid health and dental benefits
- Group RRSP investment options
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate SMS training
- Maintaining & disseminating relevant safety information
- Assist the Safety Manager in providing information to the High-Level Safety Committee
- Assist with the management of the Q-Pulse software
- Populate Q-Pulse software with safety related data
- Up-date Q-Pulse as part of the safety report investigative process.
- Conduct safety surveys and analyze applicable data.
- Develop and use safety awareness tools.
- Coordinate Emergency Response Plan activities and training.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and hazards identified under the Safety Management System, in accordance with the Safety Investigator Manual.
- Perform investigations and audits.
- Follow procedures described in the SMS Manual and Safety Investigator Manual.
Qualifications/Conditions of Employment
- Excellent communication skills working with a diverse group of teams and individuals.
- Knowledge/Experience of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS) an asset.
- Knowledge/Experience with the Occupational health and safety/Canada labour code
- Strong computer proficiency and experience with the Microsoft Platforms.
- Coursework or diploma in safety-related field an asset.
- Aviation experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to Apply
Quoting competition #4N23-076, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department:
Email: [email protected]
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. Due to the substantial volume of applications, we receive, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Air North is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from diverse and underrepresented groups. If you require assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact [email protected].
Air North, Yukon's Airline has been serving Yukoners for over 40 years. We offer competitive wages, an attractive benefits package including great travel perks, and an enriching work environment for our 450+ employees.