The Machinist is responsible for parts fabrication by operating a variety of Manual Mills and Lathes. The Machinist is also responsible to make a sustained effort to ensure that they understand and comply with the HSE, (Health Safety Environmental), ESG (Environmental and Social Governance) programs, as well as all identified quality standards that the Orion shop is adhering to such as CSA, ISO, ABSA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce high quality components within tight tolerances, using manual lathes mostly, but also some manual Milling.
- Usually small runs low quantity, fast turnaround required for production environment, parts needed for shop assembly/spare parts, parts/priority requirements constantly change.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Verify dimensions of parts and tools using precision measuring instruments, determine if in tolerance.
- Abide with instructions, regulations and safety policies
- Keep Machines and surrounding area clean while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Drilling, Sawcutting, Hydraulic Press, Sheet Bending.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Min 3 Years experience (manual experience).
- General Machinist Certificate is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of tooling, gauges and the ability to operate and understand precision measuring tools
- Effectively communicate with managers and other employees, both orally and in writing
- Must be independent with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible to change part working on for another part, depending on shop requirements and prioritize.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$38.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person