Receptionist/Legal Assistant job description
Cook and View Law is a boutique solicitor law firm which practices mainly in the areas of Real Estate and Wills and Estates
We are looking to hire a Receptionist/Legal Assistant who will be responsible for general office administration as well as assisting on legal files.
This is an entry level, part-time position to start with the potential to become full-time.
Previous legal assistant experience is an asset, but is not required. There is plenty of room to learn and grow in this this position and the employer is willing to train the right candidate.
Our office hours are 9:00am – 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday. This is an in-person position, and you must be available to work during our office hours. However, we are flexible with the exact schedule and happy to work with you to accommodate other commitments you may have. Some remote work may be negotiated after 6 months in the position.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organization
- A keen attention to detail
- A quick and continuous learner
- Proficient with Mac and Windows operating systems and MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Reliable and dependable
- Professional and courteous
- Legal assistant experience (particularly in the areas of real estate or wills and estates)
- Office/administrative experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience with myLTSA, BCOnline and Cosmolex
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-05