SinaLite is a family owned business which has been operating since 1999. What started as a small 1,200 square-foot print shop which operated a single small AB-Dick printer has blossomed into a company of 150+ employees, containing several million dollars worth of printing equipment, and achieving a yearly sales revenue of 40+ million with over 20,000+ customers across North America.
The Junior Data Analyst is responsible for developing and the utilization of the tools necessary in monitoring, reporting and providing strategic advice to all areas of business. The position will utilize analytics to assist the organization to make strategic decisions in support of the company's mission. A vital to the success of the company and must ensure that the owner's strategies and goals are met and that the overall customer satisfaction provided by the shop is conducive to maintaining profitability.
As a Junior Data Analyst you are playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company can continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
- The position requires confidentiality, tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
General and Administrative
- Communicate effectively with the Management Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that company objectives and customer objectives are met.
- Comply with all OHSA safety requirements.
- Participate as a key player in the company by supporting operations and management as needed.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in our Procedure Manual.
- Keep current on the latest technologies and software tools.
- Maintain and assist in the development of appropriate departmental databases including but not limited to finance.
- Assist the Management in the establishment and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst or other team members to gather data requirements for addressing specific business problems.
- Assist in the collection, cleaning, and preparation of data from diverse sources for analytical processes.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and visualizations to present data in an insightful manner, facilitating business decision-making.
- Work closely with the senior data team to interpret data patterns and trends, contributing to the formulation of business strategies.
- Assist in maintaining and updating databases, ensuring data quality and accuracy.
- Continuously enhance skills and knowledge on industry trends, competitive activities, and best practices in data analysis.
- Contribute to the improvement of data management processes within the organization, promoting efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits:What we offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, including internships or academic projects, in data analysis or similar roles.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Solid understanding of data analysis methodologies and a demonstrable ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent analytical skills with a capacity to interpret complex data and transform it into actionable insights.
- Familiarity with SQL and other data manipulation languages.
- Strong communication skills, capable of presenting data insights to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Collaborative spirit, with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Employer Paid Benefits including but not limited to: Health, Dental, Life, and Vision.
- Employee/ Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Savings Program
- Room for growth and advancement
- Company sponsored learning
- Employee appreciation events
- And more!
Want to get a better sense of who we are and what we do? Check us out on Glassdoor! Review employee testimonials and employee driven content including videos and photos!;
SinaLite is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We are committed to treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Alternative formats of this position are available upon request.