Toyota Tsusho Group has been operating in North America for over 60 years and we are part of a multi-market, multi-business enterprise with expertise in exporting and importing, new manufacturing, intermediate goods processing, and logistics in Canada, Mexico, The United States, and the Caribbean.
With a team of nearly 5,000 and 71 locations across North America, we strive for comprehensive excellence by cultivating a vibrant culture of creativity, reliability, accountability, flexibility and team work to activate the full potential of all employees, customers, suppliers, and communities.
Toyota Tsusho Canada, Inc. has an immediate opening for an IT Specialist (Desktop Support Specialist). The IT Specialist will provide company-wide systems administration support, hands on configuration and troubleshooting support and manage the company’s computer and IT related assets.
The position requires on-site support for 5 facilities in Cambridge and Woodstock. Successful candidate must have valid driver's license to commute between locations. Company pool car is available for travel bookings between locations.
Hybrid work is available for a maximum of 2 days work from home per week, depending on organizational needs.
This position will report directly to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following (non-inclusive):
- Troubleshooting multiple business software applications and interfaces in multi-platform environment.
- Troubleshooting, setting up and managing Wireless Devices (iPhone, Scan Guns).
- Troubleshooting, installing and configuring PC hardware and peripherals.
- Ensuring customer computer connectivity issues across a WAN are closed in a timely manner
- Configuring and ongoing troubleshooting of local and network printers
- PC imaging
- Setting up and maintaining Active Directory User and Computer Accounts
- Provide assistance to business units to address efficiency improvements for processing daily information.
- Organize and/or coordinate IT related projects as per company policy
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Desktop Support Technician
- Experience with ticket based support help desk
- Knowledgeable in Virtual Desktop Environments and virtual conferencing technologies
- Ability to understand or write Script
- Understanding of networking protocols and equipment – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, routers, firewalls, switches, network security, etc.
- A+ Certification or ITIL certification
- Proficiency in computers, reading drawings,
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience in account creation and maintenance in Active Directory and Exchange
Our company will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants during the recruitment process and employment. Please notify us should you require accommodation through the application process ([email protected] or call 519-841-8668).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cambridge, ON N3E 1A3
Application deadline: 2023-10-06