Clark Wilson LLP is Hiring a Legal Administrative Assistant
How You’ll Help Us Better Serve Our Clients
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic Estates and Trusts and Tax practice groups. This full-time, permanent position is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere where growth and professional development are supported.
What You’ll Be Doing
Every day will bring new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow, but below are some of the regular tasks you can expect to work on:
communicating with clients and potential clients and handling client requests;
- contacting clients for scheduling and information gathering;
- drafting wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements and other estate planning documents;
- prepare and send invoices to clients;
- respond to billing-related inquiries from clients as needed;
- preparing estate planning documents and reports for execution by clients;
- preparing documents routinely used in estate administrations;
- assisting with the organization and maintenance of estate, trust and corporate documents and records;
- preparing reporting letters and invoices to clients;
- managing lawyers’ busy calendar and active file list;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
How You’ll Be a Great Fit For This Role
graduate of a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant with estates and corporate experience;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- experience drafting wills and other estate documents;
- experience with corporate records;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality and to adapt to changing demands.
The Exciting Extras
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure you are set up to thrive in a healthy work-life balance at Clark Wilson:
Flexible working arrangements;
- A health and wellness spending account to pay for items that will help you with your unique needs: an exercise bike, swimming lessons, or your pets’ vet bills. It’s up to you!
- Personal days to help you balance outside commitments such as moving into a new home, taking your car for its’ annual service, or visiting the dentist;
- An annual day off with pay and long service bonuses to help you celebrate your work anniversary;
- Health coverage for you and your family, including overseas emergency medical care, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, para-medical services, life insurance and hospital accommodation;
- An annual budget to invest in your professional growth and mentorship to help you achieve your goals;
- Help planning for a comfortable retirement - we’ll match your RRSP contributions up to 5% of your gross income;
- Continuation of your salary at 100% for a portion of your pregnancy/parental leave so you can spend quality, worry-free time with your family;
- A generous monetary incentive for employee referral;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through firm initiatives; and
- Friday night socials, tasty treat days (the last one was Earnest Ice Cream), off-site social events, and team-building events throughout the year.
Who We Are
Clark Wilson is a rapidly growing regional law firm focused on providing the best possible service for our clients. We’re consistently recognized by the media and business community for our professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories –
Great Place to Work Certified
- Best Workplaces in Canada
- Best Workplaces in BC
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best workplaces for Hybrid Work
- Best Workplaces in Professional Services
- Best Workplaces in Professional Development
Clark Wilson is committed to creating a meaningful and diverse work environment for all, and has also been recognized by Community Living Society, Rotary at WorkBC and the Rotary Club of Coquitlam as a 2022 Leader of Inclusive Employment.
Our team consists of over 300 professionals serving some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Together, we’ve created a special culture that we’d love to share with you.
How to Apply
Click the blue “apply” button to submit your application.
Clark Wilson is an equal-opportunity employer and advocate. This is not a statement we take lightly; it is part of who we are. We don’t just celebrate diversity, we rely on it to cultivate our culture, provide new perspectives, and grow our collective wisdom.
If you’d like to discover a little more about Clark Wilson and what it’s like to work with us, click here to visit our careers page.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.