You will be responsible to draft and negotiate leases with tenants and execute documentation which clearly outlines the rights and obligations of each party. This role may be based out of the Calgary or Vancouver Western Portfolio offices.
What you will deliver:
- Draft leasing agreements and auxiliary documents by extracting information from offers and letters of intent in accordance with corporate and legislative requirements
- Negotiate leases and auxiliary documents with tenants through verbal discussions and written correspondence with minimal lawyer supervision, in order to obtain the best possible terms and conditions for the corporation while maintaining good landlord-tenant relationships
- Assist building management with the interpretation of lease clauses by reviewing lease and auxiliary documentation to ensure the rights of landlord and tenant are upheld
- Develop amendments to standard documents and develop templates to be used in future lease negotiations in order to increase efficiency
- Review forms issued by leasing managers by comparing against leasing documents to ensure that the information within the forms is accurate and complete
- Report on the status of outstanding documents in order to provide the legal department the means to keep track of documentation
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
What your strengths are:
- Have an excellent contract drafting ability
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong contract negotiation skills
- Have strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Positive attitude, strong customer service focus, and good team player
- Have the ability to handle a large number of files and tasks quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to engage in creative problem-solving and achieve positive results
What you need to succeed:
- Successfully completed courses by the Institute of Law Clerks or College Diploma
- Have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a legal environment in Real Estate / Property Management, with experience in commercial leasing
- Have an excellent understanding of commercial lease concepts, including a solid knowledge of statutes governing commercial leases
- Solid computer literacy skills and are proficient in MS Word
Why you should join us:
At Cadillac Fairview we have been transforming communities for over 50 years. We are so much more than our properties. We are building leaders at all levels. We offer the challenge of interesting work, a great organizational culture, the opportunity to collaborate with the best in the business, and support for your growth and development. We reward values-based behavior and superior results with a competitive rewards package that includes best-in-class benefits and pension. Imagine a place where you can make a difference!
At CF our everyday actions and critical business decisions are guided by our CF Values. Achieving results is naturally important for us and we achieve results through behaviours that are consistent with our CF Values.
Are you someone who believes in our values?
- Aim Higher – we strive to exceed expectations
- Own Your Expertise – we empower ourselves and each other
- Collaborate Effectively – we bring the right people together to get the right results
- Engage with Empathy – we objectively consider the needs of others
- Embrace Change – we drive, learn from, and adapt to change
At CF you’ll join a diverse community and award-winning team where your talent and commitment to excellence are welcomed, valued and respected. We’re ready to meet you there – are you?
CF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. If you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment, assessment, and/or selection process, please notify your CF contact or email [email protected].