This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you’ll be one of the pioneers shaping this transformation.
We are seeking a proficient and collaborative Salesforce Administrator to join our talented Technical Services team. As a Salesforce Administrator, you will act as a subject matter expert, dedicated to the setup, administration, development and maintenance of Salesforce applications. You will communicate and collaborate closely with various cross functional stakeholders, influence, develop and implement high quality solutions that drive efficiency and enhance our business operations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end administration and configuration of the platform environment
- Provide technical expertise and support to other members across multiple Salesforce projects and enhancements
- Establish and implement change control and best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing and data integrity
- Manage Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Prioritize, design and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes
- Participate in final acceptance testing, verifying with stakeholders, deploying new functionality to production.
- Train clients and createthe supporting technical and training documentation.
- Write and manage technical documentation, including internal and external facing knowledge base articles.
- Developing and maintaining multiple experience cloud sites
- Developing and maintaining sandbox environments, and creating and testing APEX code for automation.
- Undergraduate or College degree in a technical field.
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce configuration, support and/or administration
- Salesforce Administration Certifications
- Experience deploying and managing 3rd party integrations
- Experience with salesforce flows and APEX automation development
- A strong knowledge of query language, and experience with salesforce formulas
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be available to travel to client sites within Canada and the US up to 20% of the time
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary: $72K - $88K + performance-based bonus + stock options
- Work-Life Balance & Additional Perks: Flex-time work schedules, vacation time, bi-weekly catered lunches, social events, casual dress code
- Benefits Plan: Medical, dental, prescription, life/health spending accounts and more
- Work Environment: Located in KW's most desirable work space in the heart of Uptown Waterloo.
- Commuter Program: Complimentary rides to and from work within the Waterloo region
- Location: Waterloo, Ontario.
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses and vans. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as Los Angeles Metro, San Antonio Metro, Houston Metro, and Calgary Transit.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep, and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
RideCo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. Building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact [email protected].