The Manager, Quality and Assurance Shared Services is responsible for exercising strong analytical skills and judgment to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls within the Shared Services team, while working together with senior leaders and management to help provide assurance that risks are appropriately managed and mitigated.
Reporting to the Director of Finance Shared Services, this role is an integral part of the Finance Shared Services team responsible for linking people, processes, and technology to optimize organization resources and find opportunities for improvement.
- Flexible Benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance
- Onsite fitness facility, café, and parking garage
Responsibilities of Role:
- Provide leadership, coaching and oversee day-to-day operations for a team of 6
- Manage the annual audit and risk assessment process for Shared Services along with planning the scope and approach for various audits
- Develop your understanding of various business functions, including how they are affected by statutory and regulatory requirements
- Manage the daily audit of employee reimbursements along with executive reporting
- Plan and perform detailed process walk-throughs along with testing procedures and documentation
- Support the advisory services provided to the business related to internal controls and process efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage system setup and access reviews for key Financial Systems
Professional Experience & Education:
- An accomplished leader with the ability to mentor junior team members
- 5 – 10 years of relevant post-university work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or another related discipline coupled with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with an external audit firm or internal audit function is an asset
- Detail oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability in time and project management
- Analytical thinker with problem solving capabilities who can identify risks, observations and opportunities as well as provide solutions
- Strong data analysis skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.