About connectFirst Credit Union
As a credit union, we're different than a bank - and we like it that way.
At connectFirst, we spend our days helping our members achieve their financial aspirations through a community-focused approach to banking that’s true to our co-operative principles. You’re our member, not a number. We’re your neighbours and your partner. Over 80 years ago we started from humble beginnings. Through the years, we’ve grown to become one of Alberta’s leading financial institutions through a desire to connect the dots between your dreams, your goals, your community, and your financial wellness and we echo these desires through our new, consolidated connectFirst brand.
We believe that banking is about more than money - it’s a cornerstone of every vibrant community and that our members should expect us to positively impact the financial success and viability of the communities that we call home. We invest meaningfully in the potential and well-being of our employees, and what matters most to our members. We have honest conversations about real things, as real people. Our members are owners, they have a say in how we operate, they earn dividends on common shares and investment shares, and they have access to an extensive array of financial products and services.
- Our mission: Make money make a difference.
- Our vision: Do what's right for every member.
- Our values: Think big, act local, take charge, and make it easy.
We’re committed to providing remarkable experiences to our members, our communities, and our employees, and we’re proud to be regarded as one of the best:
- Named among Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ by Waterstone Human Capital
- Recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award for 21 consecutive years
- $12.3 billion book of business (Deposits=45%, Loans=43%, Wealth Management=10%, Syndicated Loans=2%)
- 750 employees
- $585 million in Member's equity
- Develops and maintains relationships and builds rapport with assigned brokers, ensures consistency within defined service level agreements working towards the departments annual business plan.
- Conducts appropriate due diligence in the underwriting and documentation collection process to ensure the accuracy and integrity of mortgage applications before decisioning within assigned limits.
- Applies credit risk management policies, procedures and audit control standards in daily activities to ensure compliance and best practice standards to mitigate risk.
- Remains current on organizational practices, policies, procedures and legislative requirements; identifying areas requiring clarification or improvement and referring to management for further action.
- Identifies and cross-sells other product and services sales opportunities for branch positioning and delivery while providing a positive member experience at broker level.
- Ensures profitability of all transactions through appropriate application of rates (discretionary pricing, risk-based lending), fees, and service charges in conjunction with Manager, Mortgage Credit.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all mortgage products and services and their related features and benefits while assisting the Manager, Mortgage Credit in assessing local competition and market opportunities.
- Builds collaborative working relationships with team members external to the department and external networks within areas of specialization.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 4-6 years experience in mortgage lending experience.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- Completed Lending Foundations (LAP1) & Residential Lending Basics (LAP2). Residential Lending Advanced (LAP3) must be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Completion of relevant sales & service development courses identified by manager within 12 months of hire.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills; able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts based on business needs.
- Ability to work from home-based office.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.