Job Title: Leasing Clerk
Company: Taggart Realty Management
Reports To: President of Operations and Leasing
Location: 708-225 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Date Prepared: May, 2023
Taggart Group of Companies
A family business that’s been around for more than 70 years, the Taggart Group of Companies is a full-service construction organization consisting of four major operating companies. Taggart Group delivers expert leadership in real estate development, planning, design, finance, construction, and management. We develop commercial, residential, and industrial property for our own account and for third party developers. We own, manage, and work collaboratively on commercial and residential investment properties. We enjoy a strong reputation for technical expertise, integrity, and cooperation, and offer our clients the many benefits of vertical integration. Taggart Investments acquires land for various types of development opportunities in the Ottawa and Kingston markets on behalf of the Group.
The role involves preparing commercial real estate leasing documents, supporting lawyers, developers, lenders, and landlords with various leasing matters, coordinating with outside counsel, maintaining leasing database and files, and providing administrative support to the leasing team.
- Review, draft, and prepare a wide array of commercial real estate leasing documents including leases, subleases, offers to lease, amending agreements, lease summaries and other ancillary lease documents.
- Assist team in supporting lawyers, developers, lenders, property and asset managers, landlords, and tenants with all types of office, industrial, farm and retail commercial leasing.
- Liaise with outside counsel regarding leasing matters and documentation
- obtain and summarize information, report on status of leasing matters.
- Maintain leasing database and organize files and documents.
- Provide administrative support to leasing team
- All other duties as required.
Statement of Qualifications
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal or in a legal setting is required.
- Experience with a commercial landlord would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience in drafting e-reg documents is required.
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Office 365) are also vital to this role.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player, open and flexible with change as this role will continuously evolve.
- A strong sense of initiative is required as the candidate will also work independently on a regular basis. Personal Accountability, attention to detail, and organizational skills are essential.
- File and data management expertise is vital in this role; the candidate must have strong organizational skills to manage all legal documents and maintain accurate records effectively.
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality is required in this role.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time at workstations.
All candidates are asked to apply via the following link: taggartgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our company, please visit: http://www.taggartgroup.ca
The Taggart Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental handicap, or financial ability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act, we’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or special assistance, please send an email to [email protected] with your request. Your information will be treated as confidential.