Harrison Pensa is actively recruiting a permanent, full-time Legal Assistant for our Family Law department. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player, highly organized, detail-oriented, and who thrives in a busy environment.
- Perform administrative duties, including preparing/drafting correspondence under the supervision of a lawyer, opening/closing, and maintaining files, electronic and paper filing, entering dockets, preparation of accounts, photocopying, day-to-day scanning, faxing, arranging couriers, etc.
- Prepare pleadings, motion records, mediation and conference briefs, affidavits, affidavits of documents, financial disclosure, and other court documents according to instructions or precedents.
- Ensure accurate legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates.
- Maintain the day-to-day schedule and operations for the lawyer(s) to whom they report.
- Update and communicate with clients on changes with files or court proceedings and practices.
- Arrange for service and filing of court documents through process servers.
- Schedule appointments, questioning, meetings, and manage Outlook calendars.
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group when necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Highly motivated and able to prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Courteous, client-focused, and obtains a professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.