Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! We currently have opportunities for:
Store Systems and Administration
The individual in this position is responsible for the administrative functions of store operations, cash room, and the integrity of store-level pricing. Accordingly, you will report directly to the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
Among the varied responsibilities of this challenging position are:
- Maintain store hardware systems, including point-of-sale systems, operational software programs and communication networks
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of equipment (e.g. cleaning MSR hardware)
- Perform regular system backups as per the established procedures and schedule
- Function as the primary store contact with the Information Technology department, including problem reporting and resolution, and systems and software deployment
- Maintain Problem Incident Report logs
- Responsible for printing in store signage and placing in store
- Responsible for pricing maintenance throughout the entire store
- Maintain the store funds, i.e. cash, stamps, LD gift cards, coupons, and other assets
- Count store funds and prepare bank deposits
- Administer all point-of-sale charity fundraising programs (e.g. hospital lotteries)
- Be responsible for the administrative functions of the point-of-sale system (e.g. manager override numbers)
- Administer Transit Passes and Lottery Tickets programs (where applicable)
- Administer other programs as assigned by the store manager or head office (e.g. employee uniforms, employee lockers, bulletin boards, store supplies, etc.)
- Support the company mission statement, “To Provide a Superior Shopping Experience Everyday”
- Provide prompt and efficient customer service based on 10/10 Sales Challenge philosophy
You will exhibit strong administrative skills, technical and mathematical aptitude, combined with professionalism and be able to maintain confidentiality, especially regarding company revenues, pricing information, and over/short information. You will also practice effective communication, training, and coordination of efforts within the Store Systems and Administration team.
If you have a demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and with little supervision, display a positive attitude and are solutions oriented, and practice strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to relate to all levels of personnel within the company, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive, optional medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling and support)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday to Sunday and be available to start their shift as early as 5am everyday.
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
London Drugs is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are committed to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.