Did you know that VIA Rail is carrying out ambitious projects to modernize its services and infrastructure? From our new ultramodern train fleet to ongoing improvement of our infrastructure and reservation system, we’re building the future of transportation in Canada. Working for VIA Rail is being a part of a collective effort in sustainable mobility.
At the heart of VIA Rail’s Information technology, the Senior IT Analyst is responsible for creating value for our internal and external customers. This is achieved by working within a creative multidisciplinary team to resolve business or technical challenges and produce clear and objective recommendations to our partners, while accompanying them in the transition towards implementation and beyond.
The recommendations can range from a process change to implementation of new technology, or any combination in between. The Senior IT Analyst we are seeking will work closely with various stakeholders on will utilize his broad business expertise and technology knowledge to recommend and implement solutions which generate true value for VIA and its customers. They will bring a fresh perspective to VIA, demonstrate a passion for learning new things, and grow with the company.
Requirements management and analysis
- Working on large scale projects, liaise with the Business and the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture, consolidate and document the business requirements and explore alternative solutions.
- Interact with the business to prioritize and validate user requested changes. Interact with the architecture team to evaluate the impact of changes on other systems.
- Deliver the functional analysis, producing typical deliverables such as user stories, use cases, wireframes, domain models and/or mock-ups on a level that the developers can construct and implement the solutions.
- Design, develop, create, review, troubleshoot systems solution functions using, Configuration, Scripting, SQL, Power BI / Azure & Reporting Tools.
- Write test cases and perform functional, integration and regression tests of the system changes to be delivered to ensure they meet specifications. Follow-up on defects identified during testing.
- Manage the implementation plans and deadlines. Support users during the deployment of the solution. Participate in the development of documentation, acceptance tests, facilitative tools and training programs intended for users.
- Install and configure new systems or upgrade existing ones. Support the development and test teams and provide hypercare (project aftercare).
- Work closely with the business and the technical teams to explore system improvements and future innovative opportunities.
- Vendor relationship: Own the relationship with the solution providers. Be the key contact between the business and the suppliers.