We are currently seeking Privacy Lawyers to work with many of our F100 to F500 clients across multiple industries.
- Providing legal advice regarding privacy compliance requirements and opportunities for improvement of privacy policies.
- Updating privacy policies, negotiating and drafting master services agreements in accordance with global privacy requirements and providing support to the development of guidelines, training and tools to support privacy accountability and compliance.
- Working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions for various corporate policies.
- At least 3+ years of experience with exceptional academic and law firm credentials; in-house experience considered a plus.
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Substantive data protection and data privacy experience and an in-depth knowledge of Canadian, U.S. and EU privacy statutes – including GDPR, PIPEDA, and the Privacy Act.
- Experience providing regulatory and policy advice in the areas of data protection, privacy law and other areas of information law.
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
This role offers competitive compensation and a highly competitive benefits package in the alternative legal services marketplace, that includes Medical, dental, and more. Axiomites also get access to professional development resources and learning and development programs. Axiomites predominately work remotely, with the exception that some clients require on-site presence.
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. Covering North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable legal departments to drive efficiency and growth and meet the demands of today’s business landscape with best in breed alterative legal services.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be named a best place to work for LGBTQ+ Equality, earning top marks in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year. Axiom’s legal department is Mansfield certified and is committed to considering at least 50% diverse candidates for leadership roles and outside counsel representation.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Axiom ensures equal employment opportunity in recruitment and employment, without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religious creed or belief, political opinion, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital (or civil or other partnership recognized by law) status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Axiom prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Axiom will accommodate persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and in accordance with the Human Rights Code. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities can be provided at each stage of the recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at [email protected]. In addition, if you are invited to participate in an interview stage, please inform us if you require special accommodation at the time of your invitation for an interview.
Axiom respects your privacy. For an explanation of the kind of information we collect about you and how it is used, our full privacy notice is available at https://www.axiomlaw.com/privacy-notice.
Employment with Axiom may be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, providing proof of identity, and possessing the necessary legal authorization to work.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that all information contained therein, and provided at any part of the application process, is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge.