Founded over 40 years ago, QSL is a key supply chain player in port terminal operations, stevedoring, marine services, logistics and transportation throughout North America. With a network of over 60 marine terminals in Canada and the United States, our multi-modal capabilities allow us to play a key role in any supply chain. We specialize in the development of innovative and customized dockside, road and rail handling solutions.
QSL carries out its mission with an approach rooted in the principles of sustainable development. QSL is the first maritime company in Canada to join the United Nations Global Compact, in line with its strategic vision to be a leader in North America.
Growing quickly with over 2,000 employees, QSL's success is fueled by a shared vision of excellence and continuous improvement and a strong corporate culture based on the values of respect, loyalty, teamwork and fun at work.
Choose a large organization that is driven by excellence and innovation and that considers its employees as part of the family. If you want a fulfilling job where you can push your limits and make a difference in your community, you've come to the right place.
Your leadership qualities and your expertise in operations management will be put to full use in this leadership role, being responsible for terminal and vessels operations at our marine terminal located in Saint John.
Reporting to the Terminal Manager, you will plan, organize and coordinate terminal and vessels operations (bulk) to ensure fulfilling of customer requirements, operational efficiency and storage space optimization. You will lead your team made up of longshoremen in an engaging way and will act as an ambassador of QSL's values. You will drive terminal and vessels operations to meet operational targets in terms of health and safety, operational excellence, customer satisfaction, leadership and sustainable development.
ENSURE A SAFE WORKPLACE
- Ensures the application of safe work methods and compliance with operating standards;
- Nurtures a culture of occupational health and safety prevention;
- Measures the level of OHS compliance, conduct field audits, participates in HSSE investigations and supervise application of corrective action plans.
ENSURE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND MEETING OBJECTIVES
- Plan and coordinate railcars unloading and ensure efficient storage of cargo;
- Lead all aspects of vessels loading ensuring proper loading sequences and proper cargo;
- Liaises with customers to order and release railcars shipments;
- Assesses labor and equipment required to roll out the weekly tracking appointment schedule;
- Prepares and updates storage plans;
- Prepares shipment documentation and summary report on operational KPI’s.
MEET OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR CUSTOMERS
- Provides quality customer service to build customer loyalty and develop lasting partnerships;
- Intervenes effectively to resolve service issues;
- Ensures the application of standard operating procedures to meet or exceed the quality requirements and expectations of our customers.
ENSURE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Ensures that all operational practices meet the policies, procedures and regulations in force aimed at protecting the environment;
- Monitors compliance of operational practices with environmental standards and conduct field audits.
MOBILIZE, SUPPORT AND SUPERVISE TEAMS
- Guides, develops and mobilizes the teams to achieve the objectives set;
- Applies best practices related to workforce management, training, and work schedules;
- Communicates orientations, objectives and action plans and ensures the application of best practices in contribution management.
- College degree in management, transport logistics, or any other related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations management – preferably in marine, manufacturing, mining, logistics or construction;
- Practical experience in the application of preventive measures in occupational health and safety, continuous improvement processes, supervision and project management;
- Engaging leadership;
- Customer focus;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Communication skills;
- Availability to work evenings, nights, and weekends.
JOIN A PASSIONATE TEAM!
The masculine form is for convenience only and refers to both men and women. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment that reflects the diversity of our communities. We welcome and encourage applications from all groups, including Aboriginal peoples, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Type d'emploi : Temps plein
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Invalidité
- Assurance Maladie Complémentaire
- Assurance Vie
- Régime de retraite
- Stationnement sur place
Horaires de travail :
- Du Lundi au Vendredi
- Fins de semaine au besoin
- Quart de jour
- Quart de soir
Types de paie supplémentaire :
- Heures supplémentaires majorées
Lieu du poste : En présentiel