We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join our team of full-time dining room supervisors at The Peninsula in Sidney BC.
Reporting to the Executive Director, we are seeking someone with an exceptional degree of professionalism, the ability to relate to seniors and young people, and a passion for ensuring we continuously achieve excellence in the provision of food services in our dining rooms.
The position is a combined effort of two people and is 1 supervisor working a shift of 3 days in a row, and the second supervisor working the other 4 days in a row. This keeps work life balance possible, gives you consistent time off, and enables the two supervisors to cover each other for maximum flexibility.
This isn’t your usual front of house position; the days are usually 1pm to 8pm at the latest. Our dining rooms are well-oiled machines - you come into a position that is time tested and runs smoothly.
- The duties are straight forward - Liaise with the kitchen (who consistently produce beautifully presented and amazing food for our residents)
- Working with the Activities Coordinator for special events and dinners
- Check in with the residents during dinner hour
- Ensure the dining rooms are set properly and look beautiful *Behind the scenes:*
- Some computer work and admin - coding invoices, ordering of flat ware etc.
- Scheduling, Hiring and training,
- Making sure the time-tested and proven procedures are followed by the staff.
- Mentoring staff, for some, this is their first job and we teach them a great skill set to take with them.
- At least 3 years’ experience running front of house
- Grace under pressure
- Ability to execute seamlessly
- Tact, discretion and excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Food Safe level 1 required, Level 2 to be completed when hired.
- Serving it Right
- First Aid. Criminal Record check – we pay
Please indicate salary expectations in your cover letter.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Staff must have a valid vaccination passport and wear a mask while in the building.
Work Location: In person