There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Vancouver office as a Procurement/Preconstruction Coordinator. This role will be supporting our Director of Pre-construction and Design. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, proactive, and a self-starter with high attention to detail.
About the company:
For over half a century, Onni has been building communities for people to live, work, and play. Our success reflects our commitment to our employees and partners, and our dedication to quality construction, innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. Our expertise expands across North America, with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, and Chicago.
- Create and analyze spreadsheets with pricing and specification comparison, present data to project teams and Directors
- Responsible for assisting with the sourcing, negotiation and procurement of goods and services, which includes: raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies and rentals, construction services
- Assist with purchasing activities and ensures that all such activities are monitored regularly for compliance with company policies, Canadian and US quality procedures, building codes, lead times, volume estimating
- Analyze and evaluate Project Specifications to determine upcoming product quantities in conjunction with project schedules
- Advise management to potential problems and ensure to accurately assess an effective line of communication to all managers and personnel
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and fairness in dealings and transactions with all suppliers and regularly monitor that activity to ensure its consistency and supplier/trade relationships
- Create and coordinate supply contracts, documentation ready for execution
- Maintain proper inventory records
- Create and maintain all Price Lists
- May be required to perform other related duties from time to time
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of Procurement or Administrative experience (must have some procurement knowledge)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically in Excel
- Strong communication both written and oral
- Cost / Financial reporting would be an asset (or any kind of business reporting)
- Strong mathematical skills or good with numbers
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package
- Paid time off
- Programs to continuously develop and recognize employees
- Wellness: lifeworks wellness platform
- To top it all off - a great company culture with lots of exciting projects and career growth opportunities!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.