Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable (Match packing slips and purchase orders with invoices; Confirm receiving; Investigate discrepancy, Post data to our accounting program; Generate payments; Reconcile A/P accounts); Monthly expense reports and Credit Card Statement verification and processing
- Verify vendors documentation for payment approvals (MTR)
- Accounts receivable (order verification, billing, assist on the custom paper preparation)
- Full cycle of accounts receivable, monthly sales invoice review and reconciliation.
- Keeping track of aging accounts, ledger is up to date, past dues are addressed, follow up for the collection.
- New supplier/customer setup, credit references checking.
- Assist the Controller with monthly account reconciliation.
- Update, maintain, and verify information in a variety of spreadsheets and databases.
- Maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Preparing bank deposits and cash receipts.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to GVL corporate values and QMS requirements
- Comply with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements at all times and in all areas
- Perform other duties as business needs may arise.
- College Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and verbally.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and decision-making.
- Skill in analysis, development of comprehensive reports and interpretation of complex data.
- Works well under pressure, comfortable multitasking managing deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy is an absolute must
- Must demonstrate strength in time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task/prioritize
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take the next step in your accounting career, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON L4L 0B5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02