Senior Legal Counsel (18 months contract)
We are proud to build a world class organization that thrives on: Collaborating closely, problem-solving, breaking new ground and adapting quickly to a rapidly evolving industry. We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel (18 months contract) in the greater Toronto area with a strong sense of ethics and integrity.
As a 2023 "Montreal's Top Employer", we offer a hybrid work environment made easy for you with practical perks, commuting and lunch benefits.
- A competitive compensation package, including a performance-based incentive plan
- A very generous and broad ranged personal & healthcare spending program
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage; you can choose the option(s) that best suits YOU
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off and so much more!
- Access to free learning and development opportunities
- Amazing discounts, tons of social activities and various other extras!
- Onboarding framework which ensures you're set up for success from Day 1
- Giving back program which includes donation matching & volunteering including a paid volunteer day
If you wish to know more about us, please visit www.samsungads.ca
About this role
The Senior Legal Counsel will assist with the provision of effective legal services for Samsung Electronics Canada and its subsidiary Samsung Ads Canada. The role will primarily focus on providing support for contract drafting and negotiation in the AdTech and consumer electronics space.
As such the candidate should have experience with drafting and negotiating different types of technology agreements. The successful candidate will be expected to draft and negotiate service agreements, distribution agreements, leases, RFP's and license agreements. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide support with respect to general corporate commercial matters, including regulatory compliance, privacy laws, compliance training, policy drafting and compliance investigations.
- Provide general legal advice to Samsung Electronics Canada and its subsidiary as requested by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel
- Negotiate and Draft a variety of different contracts with minimal supervision
- Advise on regulatory matters, including monitoring and reporting on legislative changes that impact the business
- Assist with legal and compliance training for both Samsung Electronics Canada and Samsung Ads Canada
- Assist with corporate compliance investigations
- Develop and draft policies to minimize risk and ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Research and prepare summary reports providing guidance to business units based on analyzing and assessing legal risks
- Liaise with legal staff and personnel in other departments and on projects
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Law (LLB) program
- A minimum of 6 years of experience practicing law, including legal training in corporate commercial law
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario or the law society of another Canadian province
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and efficient way
- Senior-level commercial legal expertise, with strong reviewing, drafting and negotiating skills in the technology space
- Privacy law / Regulatory Compliance / Employment law and investigations
- High degree of ethics and integrity, and ability to inspire confidence, trust, and respect of key stakeholders
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to establish and focus on key priorities while taking a hands-on approach to managing issues and contributing to projects and transactions
Diversity and inclusion
Samsung Ads is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or have any questions during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: [email protected]