Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing corporate tax, personal, partnership and trust returns
- Working strategically with colleagues within all of our service lines
- Actively engaging in tax compliance, planning and strategy development by analysing client tax issues, relevant tax laws, provisions, and jurisprudence
- Performing research into tax issues and opportunities
- Completing a variety of tax forms
- Communicating with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of our clients
- Meeting and communicating with our clients to deliver tax services
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Tax Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- A recently acquired CPA designation or in the midst of pursuing
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a professional services firm
- Enrolment in, or desire to enrol in the In-Depth tax program
- An understanding and prior experience working in Canadian corporate tax
- Client service and solutions focus, with excellent communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and research skills, together with attention to detail
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?