OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Exciting, diverse role available for an Lead, offering the chance to join a structural monitoring team and help deliver on a range of innovative schemes with an expanding market leader. The position requires detailed technical knowledge of systems and network elements with the ability to troubleshoot those elements completely, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The monitoring solutions need to enable the operations teams to proactively identify and remediate issues.
What you will be doing:
- Provide subject matter expertise and serve as main point of contact for monitoring/reporting/alerting solutions developed.
- All work needs to be done ensuring no customer impact, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
- Provide 24/7 ‘tier3’ on-call support of specific production system section as required.
- Cross-Train production support & engineering personnel to ensure knowledge is held by multiple individuals.
- Create custom monitoring solutions where direct monitoring is not possible.
- Collaborate with various teams to initiate new ideas for simplifying the application logging which will help in effective monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of work experience.
- Good knowledge in administration of Windows Server environments.
- Expert in administration of Enterprise monitoring solutions
- In depth knowledge of Cloud infrastructures
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Proficient knowledge in PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of server and system security
- Scripting skills in LINUX/UNIX
- Knowledge in administration of Windows Client Operating Systems
- Familiar with standard practices and procedures of all components within network element
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].