Cape Breton Beverages Limited is a fourth-generation, family-owned Pepsi bottling franchise. The company has been operating in Cape Breton for over 70-years, and together with its sister company Trans-Atlantic Preforms Limited employs 100-people in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. We locally produce Pepsi, 7-Up, Schweppes, and Crush soft-drink products and distribute other beverages including Aquafina, Montellier, Bubly and Evian waters, along with Gatorade, Dole, Lipton, Starbucks, Guru, and Rockstar beverages to Cape Breton Island, as well as produce specific packages of Pepsi and other-branded soft-drinks for the rest of Atlantic Canada, Quebec, and Ontario. As part of the Pepsi family, we are focused on delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns to our customers.
Cape Breton Beverages is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability, continuous improvement, and taking pride in one’s work. We strive to be a company that people are proud to work for – it’s more than a job when you work at Cape Breton Beverages – you’re part of a team that helps makes this Island a better place to live through the company’s continued active support and sponsorship of fundraisers, community-oriented organizations, and special events within the Cape Breton community.
Part-time position but can lead to full-time opportunities in an expanded role.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for contribution to the day-to-day production of soft-drinks. This may involve piling cases of finished pop and/or operating industrial equipment. In addition, the ideal candidate will have an excellent safety and attendance record and be willing and able to work back shift and/or overtime (both at a premium) when occasionally needed.
Depending on your interests, attitude, work ethic and reliability there may be opportunities to train to become an equipment operator.
What You’ll be Working on
- Packaging and palletizing finished product (max case weight is 40 pounds) onto pallets for shipping.
- Loading and unloading materials and finished product in and out of storage and production areas.
- Using a forklift to move materials, product in and out of storage areas and following all safety requirements relating to operating a forklift.
- Setting up and operating industrial equipment, such as bottling and labelling machines.
- Cleaning production and storage areas.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations.
Who is a good fit for the team:
- Highschool diploma/GED
- Good physical health
- Forklift ticket
- Team-player attitude
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Able to lift 40-pounds, walk, bend and twist and stand up for up to 10-hours per day
- Able to work for shifts of 10-hours at a time, for typically 40-hours per week. Paid overtime occasionally happens.
- Provide regular, reliable, and predictable attendance
- Possess positive/can-do attitude
- Possess good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset; however, we are looking for motivated individuals who are highly trainable, and are able to follow procedures and enjoy working in a team environment.
What you Can Expect from Us
Workweek typically runs 4 days a week @ 10 hour shifts Monday-Thursday 8am-6:30pm, 1-2x a month an evening shift will also run M-TH 630pm - 5am. Occasionally will run a Friday shift if needed if no evening shift scheduled.
New employees will typically be called in to fill in for full-time employees unless scheduled in advance to work.
- Compensation beginning at $15.25/hour, increasing to $16.21/hour after 160-hours. >$25/hour if achieve full-time position as a machine operator with enough cumulative experience and demonstrated competency.
- Opportunity for further pay increases and additional training, and over time the possibility of becoming a full-time employee with full medical, dental and pension benefits.
- 300-hour probationary period
- Friendly, team-orientated, and respectful workplace
- Company social events 3-4x a year i.e. bowling, company golf tournament
Part-time employees who reach a minimum amount of regular hours will be eligible for:
- Mandatory benefit plan participation
- LTD, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance cost shared 50:50
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with 5% annual gross salary contribution matched by Company
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 10-40 per week
Salary: $15.25-$25.85 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- No weekends
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Covid vaccination required
Work Location: In person