Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
Reporting to the AVP & Chief Legal Counsel, Canada, the Legal Assistant provides administrative and content management services.
- Respond to inquiry requests regarding reinsurance and retrocession treaties
- Keep the software application for imaging and tracking treaties up to date
- Assists in preparing and maintaining corporate records and other essential legal documents
- Completes and files various regulatory forms with regulatory authorities in a timely manner
- Assists in maintaining various corporate governance documents, both electronic and paper-based and updating the corporate entity management systems
- Assists in due diligence process and transaction closings
- Under immediate supervision, drafts amendments to reinsurance and retrocession treaties
- Oversee and execute all other related tasks
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice-President, Legal Services and other members of the Legal team
- College Diploma –legal secretarial studies
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Legal assistant in a law firm or in a corporate legal function
- Bilingualism in French and English is required given the need to communicate orally and in writing with a predominantly English-speaking clientele based outside of Quebec, to draft and negotiate treaties essentially in English with this clientele, as well as to communicate with and provide legal services to the various departments throughout the RGA group of companies and entities located outside of Quebec
- Aptitude for drafting of documents
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, Outlook and Acrobat;
- Experience in document formatting and page layout.
- Demonstrates initiative, meticulous, and ability to work independently
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure
- Highly organized and efficient in work planning
- Professional in communicating with internal and external clients and continual focus and dedication to client services
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively and constructively with people at various levels within and outside the organization
- Sense of analysis and attention to detail
- Very discrete in the handling of confidential information
RGA aims to create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
RGA Canada is part of an internationally growing company and offers a dynamic team environment.
Visit our Internet site www.rgare.com to find out more about us.
Job Reference: CN01246