Established in 1981, Pace Law Firm has dedicated itself to achieving positive changes in clients’ lives by effectively representing them in navigating the legal process while redefining the client experience. Today, Pace Law remains dedicated to upholding its signature “client-first” brand. With 150 legal professionals in six offices, our firm serves its clients in over 38 languages.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Law Clerk - Corporate to join our team. You will provide legal and administrative assistance to the Team’s lawyers and other staff in this role. You will be expected to use your knowledge of legal practices and procedures to ensure that all work is done accurately and efficiently and by the firm’s conduct.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage day-to-day operations of the team, including drafting legal documents, preparing correspondence, and researching legal issues and precedents.
- Maintain accurate records and files and ensure that all documents are prepared and filed promptly.
- Assist with incorporations, amendments, dissolutions, revivals, wind-ups, continuances, and amalgamations.
- Monitor deadlines and ensure that all paperwork and filings are completed promptly and accurately.
- Assist with annual proceedings, resolutions, and tracking of the corporations.
- Drafting share provisions and preparing meeting materials.
- Review minute books and prepare rectification documents.
- Assist in provincial and federal “common” share incorporations and organizations.
- General corporate maintenance (director, officer, shareholder, accountant changes, name changes).
- Assist with Extra-provincial registrations, Limited Partnership registrations, and Business name registrations.
- Assist in the post-closing organization of transactions.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or a related field.
- Paralegal/Law clerk diploma an asset.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other legal software.
- Ability to work independently and manage a small team.
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- Generous vacation
- On-site parking
- Bonus Pay