We are looking for an Executive Assistant (Term) to join our team! This term will be approximately 20 months in duration.
The Prince George Airport Authority (PGAA) is made up of a team of diverse people who are proudly working together to connect the world to Northern BC. With a commitment to safety first and foremost, our team is dedicated to enhancing our region by providing an excellent airport experience while driving economic growth.
We acknowledge that the work of the Prince George Airport Authority takes place on the unceded, traditional territory of the Lheidli T'enneh. We acknowledge the need for meaningful consultation with Indigenous communities and the Prince George Airport Authority is committed to working towards meaningful reconciliation.
As an employer with a long history in our region, Prince George Airport Authority strives for a respectful workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the
Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at PGAA.
About The Role
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant (Term) will provide executive-level administrative assistance and act as the liaison for the Board of Directors. As part of the Leadership Team, this role provides insight, research, and support to key organizational initiatives and demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgement.
- Support and enhance the President and CEO’s efficiency and effectiveness, through scheduling, expense, travel, meeting and event coordination, communications, and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of the Board of Directors and other stakeholders using appropriate discretion, confidentiality, and respect for protocols.
- Maintain effective information management systems, educating others about corporate standards and processes.
- Plan and coordinate key organizational events such as the Annual Public Meeting, including completion of reports, both in-person and virtually.
- Prepare, document, and maintain accurate documents and records of various internal and
January 20, 2023
- Perform in a self-directed and service-oriented manner with day-to-day workflow and specific duties driven by the scope of work, individual priorities, and support needs of the leadership team.
- Actively contribute to a culture of a high performance, leadership, and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety above all else.
- Post-secondary education in an administration, office support or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience as an executive assistant, including at least 2 years of experience providing administrative support to a senior executive.
- Knowledge of business support systems, processes and tools, and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Proven organizational skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Commitment to utmost professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
- Client-focused with a collaborative and professional approach.
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight and guidance.
- High level competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook applications.
- Bilingual in French and English, an asset.
Hours of Work
This is an 18-month term position, with the possibility of an extension. Hours of work are based on a
35-hour week, scheduled between Monday through Friday with some flexibility.
What We Offer
- A safe and respectful workplace
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work-life balance (we really mean that!)
- Local, onsite work with very limited travel requirements
- A competitive compensation package
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 20 months
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Prince George, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Administrative: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-02-10