Job Title: Litigation Law Clerk
Job #: 16361
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Remote hybrid
Our client is currently looking for a Litigation Law Clerk. This company has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
-A full service law firm specializing in a wide range of practices.
-Located in Barrie.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support lawyers with various complex litigation matters;
- Prepare/draft, review and save electronically all client and opposing counsel correspondence;
- Liaise with lawyers, clients, court staff, and other third parties;
- Prepare pleadings, motion records, Affidavits of Documents, etc.
- Maintain all aspects of physical and electronic client files;
- Keeping clients up to date on file status;
- Manage undertakings and productions;
- Prepare for trial, mediations and pre-trials;
- Review and summarize transcripts;
- Prepare Bills of Cost; and
- Any other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience as a Litigation Law clerk;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure is required;
- Law Clerk Diploma;
- Experience with construction law considered an asset;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office;
- Professional, flexible attitude, with strong commitment to client service;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- legal assistant: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person