Dooley Lucenti is seeking an experienced full-time commercial litigation law clerk to join our dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and managing litigation files. The ideal candidate must have experience:
· Preparing, drafting, revising, and serving court documents such as motion materials, pleadings, releases, orders, and Affidavit of Documents;
· Dealing with and handling undertakings and productions;
· Reviewing and saving electronically all incoming and outgoing correspondence from clients, opposing counsel, and other parties;
· Providing clients with updates on file status;
· Managing deadlines and follow-ups to move files forward;
· Preparing for trial, mediations and pre-trials;
· Managing lawyer’s calendar and schedule;
The candidate must have strong working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, strong technical and writing skills, excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a civil litigation practice. Experience in construction law is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- law clerk: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Barrie, ON L4N 1W1
Expected start date: 2023-10-02