Jones Emery has been a leading law firm in Victoria for over 50 years. We are looking for a strong, proactive assistant who wants to gain experience while enjoying a work-life balance in one of the most beautiful cities in Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our team. This is a permanent, full-time position supporting several busy practices.
In addition to knowledge of and an interest in commercial law, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess the following:
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program;
- At least one year of legal assistant experience in a private law firm;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet critical timelines;
- The ability to handle multiple files in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- The ability to proactively manage all administrative functions of the position, including file management and
- Advanced computer skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handle commercial lending files from due diligence through to reporting, including file organization, assembling information required by lender’s counsel, preliminary review of security documents, filing registrations (such as Form B Mortgage and Assignment and financing statement) and completing documents as required;
- Document preparation and management and logistical support for commercial lending transactions;
- Occasional copy and dictatyping and time entry.
- Perform meeting management functions, including scheduling appointments and booking boardrooms;
- Sort and distribute mails and emails;
- Perform due diligence searches, including BC Online, Personal Property Registry, and LTSA
The successful candidate will possess strong skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. They would be familiar with BC online, My LTSA, Esilaw and Worldox. They will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising initiative and judgment. Experience with commercial lending would be considered an asset; however, training is available for the right fit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Commercial Lending: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person