Winnipeg Street Pharmacy – Namerind Housing Corporation
The Pharmacy Manager leads a team of professionals to provide exceptional patient-centered care in the Winnipeg Street Pharmacy operation. As an ambassador for the organization who consistently demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, the Pharmacy Manager is a trusted advisor who collaborates and consults with patients and health care professionals, providing them with expertise and service to meet their needs. Managing all aspects of the pharmacy operation in an efficient and effective manner, the incumbent ensures that all professional services provided are in accordance with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals
(SCPP) standards for Pharmacy Managers.
- Reporting to the President & CEO, the Pharmacy Manager leads all aspects of the pharmacy operation and practice which includes performing the full scope of professional services (e.g., dispensing medication, maintaining the dispensary operation, etc.), achieving service outcomes, and financial growth.
- Manages the pharmacy business and financial operation, including the retail operation; manages the ordering and inventory process to meet patient needs; maintains quality assurance and quality control within the pharmacy business operation; monitors and reports on key business indicators and results.
- Ensures all prescriptions, refill requests and blister packs are filled accurately, efficiently and safely using the established workflow process.
- Ensures the proper handling and storage of all pharmaceutical products.
- Leads a team and performs all responsibilities associated with human resource management including, but not limited to, recruitment, scheduling, staff development, and performance management.
- Regularly meets with team members to discuss regulatory compliance and other issues; collaborates, and implements best practice approaches and new/innovative process improvements that contribute to the well-being and safety of all patients and achieve the objectives of the pharmacy operation.
- Ensures confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained by all team members and that all work is performed in a respectful and supportive manner with cultural sensitivity; tailors communication to the unique needs and/or concerns of the patient; ensures patient understanding.
- As a key member of the health care team of professionals, fosters and maintains positive working relationships with health care practitioners and patients; works to achieve a high degree of collaboration and satisfaction.
- Diplomatically manages issues and resolves problems/conflict situations as required.
- Keeps current and informed of changes or communications from SCPP, including new/emerging products, drug recalls and other pharmacy-related issues that may impact the pharmacy operation.
- Ensures all patient related interactions, medication-related incidents, and other pertinent information is documented; provides reports as appropriate.
- Manages pandemic or medical outbreak protocols and responds appropriately to ensure safety of patients and team members.
- Develops policies and procedures for the pharmacy operation in accordance with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals standards of practice and code of ethics; ensures all pharmacy team members operate in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in professional conferences, learning opportunities and meetings as applicable.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree
- Licensed and in good standing with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals
- Mandatory Pharmacy Management Course completion as required by the College of Pharmacists
- Experience as a Pharmacy Manager in a community pharmacy setting
- Financial management skills
- Human Resource / Team Leadership skills
- Communication and documentation skills
- Skilled in the use of computers and technology-based Pharmacy applications (e.g., Assyst RX A); open to learn internal systems
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills
- Approachable and engaging demeanor with demonstrated interpersonal skills; respects and appreciates diversity; customer/patient focused and builds meaningful working relationships with the health care community
- Business and results focused with the ability to manage a fast-paced Pharmacy in an efficient and effective manner
- Proven problem-solving/decision-making skills using sound judgement and professional judgement
- Adaptable and flexible and is responsive to immediate or urgent situations
- Highly detailed and accurate; follows through to ensure the correct application of policies and procedures
- Responsible leader who consistently demonstrates professionalism; ensures adherence to confidentiality and privacy of information.
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible to work an eight-hour day from Monday to Friday. The organization offers a total rewards package that includes a competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a pension plan, additional paid days off, and other related benefits.
Namerind Housing Corporation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] and/or [email protected] to apply for this exciting career opportunity no later than Thursday, October 5, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Regina, SK S4R 1J6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- pharmacist: 5 years (required)
- Pharmacy License (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-05
Expected start date: 2023-11-15