Job Title: Legal Assistant - International Trade
Job #: 16181
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Remote hybrid flexibility
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Legal Assistant - International Trade. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Leading national law firm specializing in a wide range of legal practices.
- Top ranked by Chambers Canada 2023.
- Office conveniently located in Toronto’s Financial District!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal administrative support regarding Litigation matters;
- Assist with the preparation and/or assembly of information response filings for administrative audits and investigations;
- Prepare confidential documents for tribunal filings;
- Draft/edit correspondence and legal documents from precedents and/or dictation;
- Proofread and edit all work products;
- Coordinate with process servers regarding service and filing of court materials;
- Schedule meetings and conferences;
- Arranging travel and accommodations;
- Manage calendars for lawyers;
- Assist in preparation for hearings/trials;
- Assist with docket entries, the coordination of billings, processing expenses and payment of invoices;
- Open and close files while maintaining electronic and paper filing system;
- Liaise with the courts and clients; and
- Additional tasks as required.
- 5+ years’experience working as a Litigation Legal Assistant;
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from an Accredited Institution;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Pro;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Knowledge of the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, Federal Courts, and court practices/procedures;
- Understanding of metadata preferred;
- Experience with Aderant (or other legal-specific billing technology);
- An understanding of a billing lifecycle, processing expenses and payment of invoices will be considered an asset.
- Professional, flexible attitude, with strong commitment to client service;
- Impeccable proofreading, grammar skills and attention to detail; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
How To Apply:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16181 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities. #KNTLGL
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person