Founded in 2008, Magnum Services quickly became an established well cementing service company with a broad operational footprint in North America. Through those roots, Magnum continues to develop and diversify to offer our customers a unique blend of technical expertise with a history of project execution excellence. We are competent in providing primary and remedial (P&A) oilfield cementing services, downhole isolation technologies, soil stabilization and fluid services. Many of these services can be applied across various industries, such as oil & gas, agriculture, construction, roads and infrastructure, laydown yards, and retention ponds. By applying technical expertise, synergy, efficiency, and the highest quality standards in everything that we do, Magnum separates ourselves from our competitors in all the services that we offer.
Under the direction of the Station Manager, the Bulk Plant Operator’s primary role is to blend and mix materials as per programmed design specifications, ensure inventory levels are maintained, and support the operations of the station. This position is considered to be a safety-sensitive position.
- In response to dispatched jobs, or at the direction of the Station Manager, blend and mix materials to be delivered to well sites, as per programmed designs.
- Ensure that the Bulker and other equipment are ready to be deployed to complete a job. This includes performing start-up, maintenance, and regularly scheduled inspections of equipment.
- Ensure that the Bulk Plant is kept clean and orderly.
- Ensure effective handling of inventory, including the handling of chemicals, maintaining inventory counts and supply levels, and ensuring that additives are labeled and appropriately stored.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure a high level of service and that tight timelines for jobs are met.
- Conduct proper disposal of all used/empty containers or other materials, ensuring that the disposal of materials is handled in a safe manner that complies with environmental standards.
- Communicate effectively with other departments, including sales and dispatch.
- Adhere to and enforce company Safety policies and ensure compliance with HSE legislation and DOT regulations.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications - Required
- Physically capable of moving/lifting heavy objects up to 40 kg., bending, standing, and climbing repeatedly for extended periods.
- Able to be on call 24 hours on a 15 days on a 6 days off rotational schedule, remaining fit for duty at all times (subject to change due to market conditions).
- Ability to work independently and proactively without close supervision.
- Legally eligible to work in the country the role is based out of.
Qualifications - Looking For
- Experience in oil and gas cementing services.
- Experience as a Bulk Plant Operator.
- Strong mathematical skills to perform calculations.
- Good computer skills and the ability to keep records and build reports and procedures.
- Able to perform all regular maintenance on equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable, and dependable.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Understands the importance of safety.
- Team player and customer service focused.
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientated.
Qualifications - Assets
- Training in WHMIS and TDG.
- Understanding of cementing job design.
- Valid class 1 (Canada) / class A CDL (U.S.) driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Possesses oil field tickets.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement.
Magnum Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that this position will remain open until a successful candidate is found. While all candidates are welcome to apply, only those who appear to meet the requirements of our available roles will be contacted.