About the Role
The successful candidate will be supporting two associates and one partner on a broad range of exciting civil litigation cases. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing, drafting and revising correspondence, agreements and court documents.
- Arranging for service of materials to opposing counsel.
- Electronic Court filings, and co-ordination with process servers.
- Preparing and coordinating materials for meetings, mediations, hearings, and trials.
- Liaising with various Courts, Boards, Mediators and Arbitrators.
- Implementing and maintaining practice management systems.
- Assisting litigation clerks and other team members as may be required.
This firm offers competitive compensation, extended benefits, vacation, employee assistance programs, company events and bonuses.
What You Bring
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma from a recognized college is required.
- 3 years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in Litigation.
- Highly organized, and able to provide executive-level administrative support to senior lawyers.
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, court systems and filing processes.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, CaseLines, M365.
- Ability to handle more than one professional, with complicated and unique files.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, and with competing priorities and filing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, efficient manner with clients, opposing counsel, courts and service providers, as well as internally throughout the firm.To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person