Working with a cross-functional project team, Skyrocket is seeking an Intermediate/Senior UX/UI Designer. Working inside our Creative Team, the Visual Designer crafts exceptional work for clients in a fast-paced environment. Because we are a small company, we need self-driven, independent people who also work well with others. We manage some projects using Agile methodologies, so experience in Agile is a strong asset. The Visual Designer acts as a representative of the Creative Team (contract remote designers and developers), collaborating closely with the Strategy Team (client portfolio managers and coordinators).
- Salary $75-80K
- Extended health benefits package
- Unlimited paid vacation
Skyrocket is a highly collaborative workplace; one where everyone has the opportunity to take their work to the next level. Our team is small and cross-functional, so you will be surrounded by a wide range of perspectives.
We are a creative agency that builds beautiful user experiences. Situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver near the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station, the Skyrocket office is surrounded by great food and is easily accessed from any part of the city.
The ideal candidate
Highly organized, with a strong, natural ability to visualize potential options and drive positive outcomes. Understands the importance and impact of managing and defining the smallest details of any given project. Approaches design in grounded, measured and methodical ways. Loves to establish new systems with a strength in building process-driven management solutions from the ground up. Executes with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The UX/UI Designer’s personality and career aspirations align with Skyrocket’s company culture: you are naturally joyful, an open communicator and enjoy being in service to others.
- Craft intuitive website and e-commerce experiences, leveraging UX and UI design systems, components, patterns and standards.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing Figma, InVision & Adobe Creative Suite and/or other prototyping tools.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Solve problems from a user-centered perspective and think customer-first.
- Create detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows etc.
- Craft Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date on trends, best practices, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space.
- Push boundaries and drive change in design process and approach.
- Ensure design system approach meets end user needs.
Skills, education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a UI design role on a product or web design team.
- 3+ years of experience in the role of user experience designer, experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role.
- A strong portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Understanding of visual design principles and their application in creating usable & engaging experiences, along with a deep understanding of typography, UI and digital culture.
- Experience with design systems, user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team-based concepting.
- High proficiency in using Figma, InVision or similar design and prototyping tools.
- Natural curiosity to explore fresh ideas and the confidence to speak up & share them.
- Exceptional eye for detail and provides quality assurance on all deliverables.
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines and solutions to constraints while being detail-oriented and organized.
- Critical thinker with strong literacy, analytical and administrative skills.
- Strategic problem-solver, using research, data and consultation to solve problems.
- Self-learner with an appetite for the unknown - flexing your Google skills in a pinch to get caught up to speed and keep the ball rolling.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year