Who are we?
Airon is an advance heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) and building automation systems (BAS) service and installation company for facilities large and small. Our unique portfolio of projects qualifies us to service a wide range of clients in various market sectors such as institutional, healthcare, commercial and industrial. We enable our clients to reduce energy and operating costs while improving occupant comfort.
Through our shared values, we focus on building a sustainable future, diversity and belonging, and providing continuous learning and development.
A career at Airon offers competitive total compensation that includes:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Plan
- RRSP Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
- Company Vehicle
- Career Growth and Development
Job Title: BAS Designer
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Building Automation System (BAS) Designer who specializes in using Visio to create building controls design drawings and as-built drawings. As a BAS Designer, you will play a critical role in designing and documenting the control systems that enable efficient and automated operation of various building systems.
Building Controls Design: Utilize Visio software to design and develop comprehensive building automation system control diagrams. This includes creating detailed schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, and flowcharts to illustrate the integration of various building systems such as HVAC, lighting, security, and energy management.
System Configuration: Collaborate with engineers, architects, and project stakeholders to understand project requirements and translate them into functional system designs. Configure control devices, sensors, actuators, etc. within the BAS using Visio and other relevant software tools.
Documentation: Generate accurate as-built drawings and documentation to reflect the final installed control system, incorporating any modifications or adjustments made during the installation phase. Maintain organized and up-to-date records of design revisions, equipment specifications, and system configurations.
Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with project teams, including engineers, technicians, contractors, and clients, to ensure the smooth execution of design projects. Communicate effectively to gather project requirements, provide updates, and address any design-related issues or concerns.
Quality Assurance: Conduct thorough reviews and inspections of control system designs to ensure compliance with project specifications, applicable codes, and industry standards. Identify potential design flaws, conflicts, or inefficiencies and propose suitable solutions to optimize system performance.
Research and Development: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in building automation systems. Continuously enhance your knowledge of Visio and other relevant software tools to improve the efficiency and accuracy of your designs.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (preferred).
· Proven experience as a Building Automation System Designer, with a focus on using Visio for control system design.
· Proficiency in using Visio software to create schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, and flowcharts.
· Solid understanding of building automation systems, including HVAC, lighting controls, energy management, and security systems.
· Familiarity with industry standards and codes related to building automation systems (e.g., BACnet, LonWorks, ASHRAE).
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated and adaptable, with a continuous learning mindset.
· Previous programming and graphics experience is an asset.
Who are you?
- Self-motivated, and willing to learn.
- Work well independently and be a team player.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
Airon is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome you to apply for a position with us! If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter. Upon request for accommodation, we will consult with the applicant in question and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $43,612.53 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person