Located in the absolute centre of downtown in the vibrant Halifax waterfront, in the heart of the new Queen’s Marque district, Muir offers elevated hospitality inspired by the spirit, culture and natural beauty of Nova Scotia. In each of our departments, our team shares a common goal – providing an exceptional customer experience in a clean, comfortable environment. If you are passionate about a career in hospitality and want to join a team that shares this common goal, the Muir is presently seeking a Wellness Receptionist.
· Eligible for $500 signing bonus upon completion of probationary period.
· Payment for on call shifts even when you are not called in.
· Evening shift premiums.
· Eligible for shift premiums based on our self-inspection program.
· Eligible for shift premiums based on hotel capacity.
· Access to our employee development/education reimbursement program.
· Company scholarship program for employees and family members.
· Flexible work schedule.
· One earned day off every two months based on attendance.
· 50% reimbursement of monthly transit pass.
· Access to our gym and fitness facilities.
· Shoe allowance of $100 per year.
· Uniform dry cleaning.
· Eligible for the annual company bonus program.
· Comprehensive Extended, Health, and Dental benefits.
· Opportunity to Participate in the Employer sponsored retirement savings program.
· Access to Marriott employee travel benefits.
· Employee centric back of house experience.
Shifts: Vary in their start and end time and can change due to the needs of our guests. A mixture of days, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
What you will be doing:
The Wellness Receptionist will provide the highest level of customer service to ensure a smooth welcome and departure for all guests as well as maintain cleanliness and presentation throughout combined Wet and Fitness areas. The Wellness Receptionist will interact in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and comfort. This position is an ambassador of Muir’s and Queen’s Marque wellness experience, responsible for the overall presentation, maintenance and cleanliness. This position will welcome Guests to the Wellness floor, provide guidance and orientation to the area, making a warm and caring impression to each visitors. Other duties will consist of:
- · Provide customer service and information to guests;
- Restock supplies including but not limited to towels, coffee, and tea as needed in the required areas;
- Provide the proper and safe guidance to our guests, residents, and their guests, to operate and care of all health club equipment including, gym equipment, free weights, bicycles, and steam room;
- Provide information and assistance to hotel guests, residents and their guests as requested, providing an orientation, ensuring they are registered and familiar with all hotel services and hours of operation;
- Report equipment malfunctions promptly and accurately;
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and notified to Security of any accident or injury;
- Distribute and stock towels, robes, swimsuits, toiletries, juices, fruits and other items or amenities needed in the area to provide guests with a level of service in keeping with Muir’s 5-star standards;
- Follow the proper procedures to report when any items will be needed to restock inventory;
- Enforce health club rules and regulation with guests;
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors; and
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Your experience and skills include:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service
- Physically able to stand for the duration of shifts
Your Team and working environment:
· Fast-paced new build luxury hotel
· Located in the heart of the vibrant Halifax waterfront, minutes away from the Dartmouth ferry terminal
· A team of like-minded hospitality professionals that share a passion for service
· Back of house experience that puts employees first
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent.
APPLY TODAY: For more information on the opportunities at the Muir Hotel, please visit www.muirhotel.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person