We are about building communities, not just networks. We believe that people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to making life better for our customers, our employees, and the communities where we live and work. Founded in the underserved Toronto neighbourhood of Liberty Village, we've always understood the importance of connection. That's why we committed ourselves to building a fibre-optic network throughout the community and have continued to expand our network ever since. For 30+ years, we have been proud to build, own, and operate an extensive & robust fibre-optic network throughout Toronto & Montreal. Now with 400+ employees, we continue to deploy our own construction, fibre splicing, installation, network operations and support teams. Our services are delivered to thousands of commercial and residential service addresses using Beanfield owned facilities.
We Are Community: People first, always. We build trust through empathy and honesty. We align around our collective purpose. We are service of the whole. We are stronger together than we could ever be alone. When we show up for each other, we can create anything. Being in community is what gives us purpose and meaning.
We Are Different: We know who we are and are creating our own destiny. We see the world differently. We explore. We are curious. We go first and do what others haven’t done before. By thinking differently, we build better.
We Cherish Momentum: Momentum is more than just being busy or ticking items off our to-do list. It's about nurturing our ideas, creating rituals and routines that align with our priorities, and staying optimistic in the face of setbacks. It's about feeling in control and being confident that we can find solutions to whatever problems come our way.
Reporting to the Manager, Geographical Information Systems & Database, the GIS Analyst, Network Planner’s primary responsibility will be to design, develop, and implement data engineering solutions that support geospatial data analysis and visualization. You will work closely with Sr. fibre Designers, OSP staff, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into effective geospatial data solutions.
- Experience in GIS Systems Administration and network data reliability checks.
- Accountable for specifying, designing, and/or conducting system health checks, network performance analysis and validation of network efficiency and data accuracy KPIs.
- Responsible for conducting exploratory analysis in complex distributed systems.
- Apply expertise to the analysis and synthesis of Patch Manager information, including observational topology data, focused qualitative network studies and other Patch Manager user feedback.
- Writing code in Python, VBA, SQL, and Scala
- Collaborating with various departments to increase the quality of data.
- Design, develop, and maintain geospatial data network engineering solutions to support analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Liaise with users at various levels of the organization to investigate and resolve issues and develop solutions.
- Provide sustainment support, including share ‘n learn sessions, user communications, and creating/updating user guides and documentation.
- Building and optimizing large-scale geospatial databases for efficient storage and retrieval of spatial data.
- Developing data pipelines and workflows to integrate, transform, and process geospatial data from various sources.
- Perform network validation checks, risk analysis, take-up supportability and network efficiency.
- Conduct efficiency, duplication, and validation analysis across multiple databases.
- Support management in the improvement of operations, network applications, and processes to enable Beanfield’s rapid growth of the fibre topology and architecture.
- Interact closely with Sales Engineering and operational teams to ensure project flow efficiency.
- Develop training plans and resources for new users, update training materials to reflect the latest application updates, and coordinate and deliver training.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. Working closely with stakeholders, data scientists, analysts, and other teams to comprehend business needs.
- Stay updated with the latest geospatial technologies, tools, and methodologies, and evaluate their applicability to enhance geospatial data capabilities. Keeping abreast of industry trends and advancements, continuously assessing and incorporating relevant geospatial technologies, tools, and methodologies to improve and expand geospatial data capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree / Diploma (or equivalent experience) in computer science, engineering, or related field, and 6+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 2 years of experience as a Telecom Circuit Designer AND 2 years of GIS (FME/ESRI/QGIS) experience or a reasonable combination of both.
- Expertise in Python, VBA, SQL/MySQL.
- FME experience with Regex, Lists, Loops and Work Runner.
- QGIS / ESRI experience with Spatial Analysis, Joins (spatial & tabular) and ETL.
- Experience with Jira, XML, HTML, ChatGPT, DuckDB considered an assets.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leads activities to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
- Demonstrates a positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supports others who do the same.
- Team oriented approach.
- Rigor and attention to detail.
- Priority management.
- Project management skills.
- Organization skills.
- French proficiency is considered an asset
- Experience working with GIS systems.
- Logical & Coding Skills test will be administered.
- Require a valid Ontario Driver’s License
What we offer:
- A rewarding role with opportunities to see yourself and the company grow.
- A lively company culture including regular social events, and a casual dress code.
- A grocery-stocked kitchen, and monthly staff lunches provided by local businesses. • Company-paid training, and continued education allowance.
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including Health & Dental Coverage, Travel Insurance, our Taxable/Lifestyle Spending Account, a Health Care Spending Account, and an Employee Assistance Program. (All of our benefits come with no premiums or deductions to our employees!)
- Opportunities to give back to our community through numerous fundraisers and charitable events.
Must love dogs. Yes, you read that right, we have our very own office dog Beans!
- Beanfield is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, etc. Beanfield is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact [email protected]
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Beanfield regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment criminal background check