We are currently looking for a Civil Litigation Lawyer!
Location: 200 Matheson Blvd West (Suite 100), Mississauga, ON, L5R 3L7
Type of Position: Full time / Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
- The successful candidate will be paid a base salary and a certain % of all billable fees generated and collected by the lawyer. Pay dates are twice per month (semi-monthly).
Commencement Date:As soon as possible.
WHO WE ARE
Visit our homepage at https://www.kpalawyers.ca
Visit our careers page at: https://www.kpalawyers.ca/careers
WHO YOU ARE
You are a junior lawyer with 0 to 5 years of experience in litigation, with a passion for civil litigation, estates law, corporate law and/or employment law.
You know how to be a positive team player, as well as an independent self-starter with a drive to cultivate strong relationships with new clients. You are known for your strong attention to detail, creativity and skill. You are as comfortable in the Courtroom as you are in the boardroom, and people want you to be their lawyer.
- Attend Court
- Meet with clients
- Argue pre-trials, trials, etc.
- Research, factum writing, correspondence with opposing counsel
- Attend and represent clients in Motions, Examinations for Discovery, etc.
- Be assigned as Counsel of Record for litigation throughout Greater Toronto Area
- L1 License (0-5 years post-call experience)
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Valid LawPro insurance coverage (will be assumed by Firm after the commencement of employment)
- Access to a vehicle
- Experience in civil litigation - preference given to candidates with experience in estate litigation or employment law
- Positive attitude, team player, eager to learn
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is interested in developing a dedicated base of clientèle
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Fluency in additional languages an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit applications either by email or apply through Indeed.ca.
Email applications may be sent to careers[@]kpalawyers.ca (remove square brackets). No telephone calls please.
All applications must include the following:
- Application via email should contain quote the following job ID: CV190508. Alternatively, applications may also be received via Indeed.ca.
- Cover Letter
- All cover letters must explain (1) the Candidate's interest and experience in civil litigation and/or employment law, and (2) why the Candidate's personality and work-style fits the firm's compensation plan.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more at www.kpalawyers.ca