Print Shop Operator/Jr. Graphic Designer
Communications & Marketing
Full-time, Term (asap to June 30, 20525)
Competition #: 117-22/23
Salary: $40,550 - $47,302 Annually
Classification: Illustrator 1
Assiniboine Community College strives to create Exceptional Learning Experience for its students. The college places a high priority on student success and is committed to building an environment that creates and supports a high level of student engagement.
This position will operate internal print services for staff and faculty from various locations and provide graphic design support to the Marketing Department and other departments throughout the college, as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment in the print shop to carry out print jobs.
- Work on various design projects for promotional use for Assiniboine Community College’s external and internal audiences, such as layouts for pamphlets, posters, reports, brochures, newsletters, presentations, print advertisements, flyers and exhibits.
- Check and keep track of materials, paper stock and supplies.
- Assist other departmental divisions in the preparation of their publications.
- Deal effectively with professional staff, instructors, and students.
- Follow brand consistency and contribute to design direction when required.
- Balance the workload of the print shop and meet design deadlines.
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design.
- Able to work effectively on both a PC and Mac platform.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Express) and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience or training working with modern printing equipment will be an asset (Xerox Digital D125 and Xerox Digital Color Press V280)
- Knowledge of basic art techniques required for design and production.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and tools employed in the print production / graphic design field.
- Knowledge of design and typography fundamentals; this includes but is not limited to colour theory, principles of design (contrast, balance, hierarchy, use of white space, movement, etc.), and usability/legibility.
- Strong literacy/English skills (written and oral).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects an asset.
- Ability to perform photo editing and retouching is an asset.
This competition will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Accommodation requests are welcome at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or [email protected]. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please visit our careers website: https://assiniboine.net/community/working-assiniboine/careers-assiniboine
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,550.00-$47,302.00 per year
Work Location: One location