Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the engineering, design, and manufacturing of advanced arc welding solutions, automated joining, assembly and cutting systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment, and has a leading global position in brazing and soldering alloys. Lincoln is recognized as the Welding Expert™ for its leading material science, software development, automation engineering, and application expertise, which advance customers’ fabrication capabilities to help them build a better world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices serving customers in over 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website at https://www.lincolnelectric.com.
The Finance team is responsible for contributing to the financial management and financial administration of the company through the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. This position will report to the Manager, Financial Reporting & Compliance and will be working at 179 Wicksteed Ave, Toronto.
· Participate in planning, scheduling, and preparation of interim / annual financial statements and daily workflow for Lincoln Canada and its divisions maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
· Assist in preparation of procedural changes to improve performance of the department
· Participate and assist in monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts;
· Prepare information for the Company’s independent auditors;
· Assist in maintaining the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls;
· Support to co-ordinate, develop and update policies and procedures for the financial reporting process;
· Assist to support the business and corporate reporting requirements pertaining to the diverse activities of finance, including compliance activities in relation to SOX, FCPA and Internal Audit
· Prepares financial information reports to provide current, important and relevant information for senior managers in the business areas in order to assist them in assessing their resources and making sound business decisions.
· Prepares and assists in compiling reports to respond in a timely and accurate manner to internal and external data requests. Determines most effective methods for generating data, analyzes the information utilizing knowledge of the Commission’s programs and projects, and uses judgment to strategically present the data suitable for the target audience.
· Can prioritize & maintain high service standards;
· Interact with the business by providing and explaining GL account activity & information requests
· Assist in analyzing monthly financial and operating results, isolating and explaining key variance items;
· Assist in day-to-day support for general decision making and in support of operational performance that align with company goals.
· Respond to all queries from all departments in the matters pertaining to expenditures.
· Maintain a Customer Focus - Demonstrate exceptional service to both internal and external customers giving high priority to understanding and satisfying the customer
· Take Ownership - Demonstrate a continuous drive to achieve superior results and take responsibility for those results
· Team Player - Has the ability to collaborate effectively with others to achieve common goals. Recognizes situations in which team members need to work together to solve work task at hand
· Use Sound Judgment / Integrity - Take action that is well-reasoned, which represents the best interest of the business
· Achieve Quality Results - Flawlessly execute on objectives to ensure the long-term success of the organization
Minimum Educational, Experience and Resource Knowledge Requirements:
- University Degree: Accounting Economics or Commerce
- Pursuing Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Up to 2 years of related experience; excellent analytical skills; strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Some travel required on an as needed basis
- Self-starter, highly motivated, detailed oriented and relentless in pursuit of process improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing & performance driven environment
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills
- Exposure to SAP or other recognized ERP software; Oracle HFM or other Business Intelligence software and Microsoft Office
If you believe you have what we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the #1 Arc Welding Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Lincoln Electric Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other Prohibited Ground. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. We appreciate your consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Please consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available at https://ch-delivery.lincolnelectric.com/api/public/content/85d41874bb474b88a3732c72d9ee6f4f?v=73bc1e90.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in East York, ON M4G 2B9